The webminister reports to the Kingdom Webminister whereas the Social Media position reports to the Kingdom Social Media Officer and is responsible, directly or indirectly, for:
- Publishing the group’s website in accordance with SCA requirements.
- Maintenance of web pages Filing, accurate, and timely reports to the Kingdom Chronicler and group seneschal.
The Shire Webminister oversees design, publishing, and maintenance of the Shire website and its subdomains. The Webminister also helps to monitor and maintain the groups Social Media accounts including but not limited to accounts such as Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
The webminister works with the other Shire Officers in the timely upload and distibuishment of annoucements that are pertinent to the group and of interest to newcomers and other members of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) outside of our local area.
The Webminister reports to the Kingdom Webminister on a quarterly basis.
To contact Lady Juliana in regards to any questions about the Shire webpage, please click on either her picture or here.
For those that are interested in additional information on what the duties of the Webminister entail, please go the the Kingdom Webminister’s website.
Social Media Officer Duties
Branch Social Media Officers are responsible for providing assistance to other Branch Officers in creating and updating events for local branch activities such as fighter practices, and guild meetings.
Branch/Regional Social Media Officers should submit quarterly reports to the Kingdom Social Media Officer quarterly. Reports should include any projects, news or successes, as well as, any challenges.
Social Media is ever evolving and growing constantly. We have approved platforms that are used for social media.
The KSMO must be informed and keep a current listing of any/all new groups’ social media sites/outlets. Each group is required to maintain an Official Facebook Page. Each group is encouraged to have an Official Facebook group.
Current Official Approved Platforms:
- – Google +
- – Meetup
- Kingdom of Meridies Social Media website.
- Social Media Policy of the SCA
- Social Media Warrant – Meridies currently uses the Webminister’s Warrant
Additional information is located on the Kingdom’s Social Media webpage.
This page is held and managed by the Shire of Phoenix Glade, a branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and is considered the official presence of this group here. Questions regarding its content should be directed to the Social Media Officer or to email@example.com. Any discrepancies between the electronic version or any information and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version.
Lady Juliana verch Hoell’s Bio
When not working on the Shire webpage, you can find Lady Juliana involved in a variety of fiber arts activities. From cleaning and carding wool from sheep to spinning it into thread on her spinning wheel. Beyond that she uses it to either weave fabric on her loom or using it in embroidery projects.
Lady Juliana has been a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism since 2002 in the Kingdom of Atlantia. Shortly afterwards she moved with her husband and children to the Kingdom of Meridies. Since then she has been a member of the Shire of Phoenix Glade.
- Exchequer – Phoenix Glade
- Webminister – www.PhoenixGlade.meridies.org Aug 2017 – present
- Special Project Deputy – www.meridies.org Jan 2019 – present
- Kingdom Webminister Reporting Deputy – https://meridies.org/office-of-the-webminister/ May 2019 – present
- Gulf Wars Webminister – www.Gulfwars.org Mar 2019 – present
- Gulf Wars Deputy Webminister – Oct 2017 to Mar 2019
- Shire of Terminus Terrae Webminister – www.terminusterrae.org May 2019 – present
- Tent Coordinator for Spin/ Weave in Artisan’s Row Gulf Wars 2009-2012, 2016-2018
- Social Media Officer – Phoenix Glade April 2020 – present
- Panhandle Skirmishes webpage and Facebook Event Page – 2020
- Daggers and Hemlock webpages 2017 – Present
- Royal Liaison Daggers and Hemlock 2019
- Merchant Coordinator – Panhandle Skirmishes – 2020
- Award of Arms (AoA)
- Argent Comet
- Meridian Cross